Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bonus post-Living in China

Hey all,
Here's an extra post just to show some pictures of China, typical stuff that gives you an idea of how people live here in China. I like to take odd pictures (Becky reminds me of that often) so hopefully you enjoy them as much as I enjoy taking them.
It is truly amazing how God has created such a diverse world, isn't it?
Dan
Beijing
Keep in mind that all of these pictures were taken in temperatures in the low teens with a harsh wind chill. I know that's not bad for most in the midwest right now but these folks are outside much more...

Yes, that's a mobile sales sweet potato sales side car.

I couldn't quite makeout what he was making in this wok on the back of his bike.

Peanuts! Get your peanuts here!

The golden arches just outside the Summer Palace walls.

The Cloisonne vase factory...
A very interesting painstaking detailed process. What you can't see in the picture is that there isn't any heat in the building...
It's freezing in there... The copper vases are etched, copper wire is glued to them and painted over and over again.

They are then put into a furnace. See the flame in the middle of that floor?

I took this before I saw the "no pictures" sign.


This elderly woman walk amongst the busy streets, right between the cars as they rushed by...

This was in the view from our hotel...

On to Nanning...

The view from our hotel in Nanning. You can see the official country bird everywhere... The crane.

Well, I have much more, I will post at a later time. That's enough for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, I think they are cool photos. That's the kind I like to take, too. Just don't lose the camera on the last day lie I did. Your boys are happy to be home and with their Wii. Anxious to see Mom and Dad and met their little sister. Looked at the Grimaldi's blog and saw more photos of you guys. Cool! How wonderful to have another couple with whom to take this journey. Have a good last week of vacation. Miss you. R & T

Alan & Julie said...

I like your pictures too Dan. It is very interesting to see how other cultures live day to day. We have so much and don't even know it. Can't wait to see Matthew and Trent tomorrow at school. Have a great week! Julie